- Illinois, 1980
- Missouri, 1978
- U. S. District Courts for the Southern and Central Districts of Illinois
- U. S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., 1977)
- St. Louis University (J.D., 1980)
- Law Clerk to U.S. District Judge William Beatty, Southern District of Illinois, 1980-1981
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- The Bar Association of The Central and Southern Districts of Illinois
- St. Clair County Bar Assocation
- Illinois State Bar Association
Paul P. Waller, III received his undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame in 1977 and his law degree from St. Louis University in 1980. After graduating from law school, he served as a Law Clerk to U.S. District Court Judge William Beatty in the Southern District of Illinois for one year and since has focused his practice on insurance defense and insurance coverage litigation, primarily in the Southern Illinois counties of Madison and St. Clair, and the City of St. Louis, MO. He joined the firm in 1987.
He is licensed to practice in the state courts of Illinois and Missouri, as well the U.S District Courts for the Southern and Central Districts of Illinois and the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
He has tried dozens of major civil jury and arbitration cases to verdict including F.E.L.A., automobile, premises liability and first party property claims. He currently spends a majority of his time participating in the firm’s large asbestos defense practice. He has obtained summary judgment in multiple insurance coverage cases. In addition he has participated in numerous civil mediations and is a regular arbitrator in uninsured and underinsured motorist claims. He has argued appeals in the Illinois Fifth District Court of Appeals and the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
He is a life-long resident of St. Clair County where his father practiced law for over 50 years and his grandfather served as St. Clair County Circuit Clerk. While in law school, he worked as a law clerk to Judge Robert Dowd in the Appellate Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. Prior to law school, he worked as a legislative intern to U.S. Congressman Melvin Price in Washington, D.C.
He is a member of the Defense Research Institute, the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (Insurance Law Committee), the Illinois Bar Association, the Missouri Bar Association and the St. Clair County Bar Association.
He authored the following articles published in the IDC Quarterly of the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel: Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage Set-offs, Vol.22, No. 4 (4th Qtr. 2012), and Piecemeal Amendments to Illinois’ UIM Statute Have Increased Carriers’ Potential Exposure, Vol.17, No.4 (Fall 2007).
- Insurance Coverage Opinions and Litigation
- Environmental Liability
- First Party Damage Disputes
- Personal/Homeowners’ Liability